Saturday, February 23, 2008

To get or not to get.... stitches that is

I'm attaching this picture so you all know that he's okay b/f you read this blog. This picture was taken after the incidents outlined below. And as you can see, he's still smiling.
(Shirt reads: My Parents are Exhausted)





On with the show.
Yesterday evening - Ben was crawling up on the couch with me.. and somewhere between turning around and actually sitting down he spontaneously flipped back and hit his head on the coffee table. Ben NEVER REALLY cries unless something is REALLY wrong, and let me tell you - he was bawling last night. We checked - panicked - and tried to be rational adults b/f whisking him away to the hospital for stitches. It turns out the gash in the back of his had stopped bleeding fairly quickly, and the hair matted it closed (grin). So no big deal right?!
Today we attended Trista's 16th birthday party at Coco Key water resort and we had a pretty darn good time swimming, sliding, and floating.
Then this evening - Ben finished his supper - decided to let Tally clean his plate - and while running to put his fork in the sink - slipped. I just knew I was going to find a fork in the eye. THANKFULLY that wasn't the case. One screaming boy - but the fork just punctured his lip in a few places. Again - Do we get stitches or not???? We passed YET AGAIN on going to the hospital because the holes inside his lip weren't too bad. (I'm sure I'm making it sound worse that it really was - please don't be alarmed.)
Pete seems to think Ben just really likes his booboo bunny. B/c tonight when I was trying to use a washcloth with ice while my son was bleeding he pushed me away and ran to get BooBoo Bunny... and told me "No mommy use this one"...

5 Comments:

At 2/23/2008 11:38 PM, Blogger Laura said...

sounds like you're right on track, Ben! I got stitches around your age I'm pretty sure....

 
At 2/24/2008 1:21 AM, Blogger Karen L. Reese said...

Poor guy -- I can commiserate after my trip to the store. See blog for details!

 
At 2/24/2008 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is the big blue guy? Glad Ben is OK without stitches. Those things are always tricky to call.

laura had 3 stitches in her lip at about Ben's age-climbing to reach a light switch!!--Gammy

 
At 2/24/2008 1:38 PM, Blogger pete said...

The friends Ben is sitting with are Booger and Baby... Both were mine and made by my grandmother. Ben loves Baby - she sleeps in his bed every night.. but Booger hasn't been adopted into the friendship circle just yet.

 
At 2/24/2008 8:11 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Wow Ben - - you sure had an exciting day! We know you're a tough little guy though. Hospital trips are NOT fun. We miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home