Saturday, June 16, 2007

Papillion Days 2007

The carnival is in town! YAY... Every year we go to the carnival, just tour the booths, eat some frickles (fried pickles) and funnel cake, and sometimes ride the rides. We've never made it to the parade until this year..


Ben got lots of candy thrown his way... to the point I started putting the umbrella in front of us.. so the kids would stop throwing it our way...

The Shriners had a Marvelous turn out at the Parade... They had these cars... and mini choppers, and about 4 -5 other groups of little cars scattered throughout... The parade was a bit long.. so after 1 1/2 hrs we rode our bikes home and realized the parade was only 1/2 finished! Now I know why we don't go to the parade... :D


I always love walking by the 'pony rides' and watching the little kids ride in circles. So I was extremely excited this year when I realized it was going to be my little guy riding the horse!! I'm not sure what did it -- but Ben was having NOTHING to do with the horses. He was ok, until I tried to set him in the saddle... then... YIKES



We stood around and tried to get him on once more.. but he just wanted to see them from afar... The lady said they would be there again tomorrow so we are going to try again when we return from the lake.. .















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news -- We are teaching Ben how to say his first and last name.. SO today I asked him what his name was and he obliging replied "Ben Car-er", and I asked him what my name was and instead of Jenn Car-er.. he says "Ben's Mommy Car-er" --- Hmmph.. and it begins..

4 Comments:

At 6/16/2007 10:51 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Aww.. that's so cute. Love the pics too. I guess it's just a subtle reminder that you are no longer Jenni - you are now only Ben's Mommy :)

 
At 6/16/2007 11:25 PM, Blogger Laura said...

His FACE on the horse ride! So sad! Maybe he'll like it more tomorrow...

 
At 6/18/2007 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well god love the little booger.

 
At 6/27/2007 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats cute wonder why he did not like the horses maybe tommorow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home