Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Daycare quandary

So this afternoon - Ben and I went to check out a few of the local Day Care facilities.. and OH MY GOD!.. I didn't realize how lucky we were.. I guess I knew it.. but to actually walk in to a day care is scary! I was shocked..and freaked out.. and starting to rethink this whole working concept.. The girl that I was "interviewing" was more interested in my cell phone than with the conversation i was attempting to have with her about the daycare.. AND - I got even more freaked.. when the "teacher" of the 18-30mo kids told me they change all the kids at once.. WTH! Like a scheduled changing time! OH NO! AND this was a CHURCH daycare! a Baptist church.

The good news is.. I talked to a lady who is opening a new facility about 1-1/2 miles from the house.. and it sounds like a good deal.. she'll let me do 3 days a week.. on the days I need.. and the cost isn't ridiculous! I'm going to stay optimistic about this one.. She's still remodeling the building.. but plans on opening in 2 weeks.. and told us we could stop by whenever and take a tour...
Wish us luck..

1 Comments:

At 2/21/2007 9:01 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Changing all the kids at once!! That's nuts! Good luck on the search.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home